Those looking for a dairy-free milk substitute might have surely come across soya milk, however, now you can also opt for almond milk. Globally plant-based milks are becoming popular among people. While all have their own benefits, almond milk is considered to be the healthiest option. The first question that might cross your mind is if almond milk is good for health?
First and foremost whether you are lactose intolerance or vegan, almond milk can be a delicious alternative for you and has approximately 4% almond.
It is low in fat, high in energy, high in calcium, fiber, vitamin E as well which makes it best for fitness freaks and particularly for women.
“Many people have nowadays replaced daily milk with almond milk in their recipes to make their meal tastier and healthier. Because of awareness created by various means, consumers can now read labels on a pack and decide if it’s good for them or not,” said Rohit Bhagat, Business Head, Life Health Foods India Pvt Ltd.
Health benefits of almond milk:
- Almond milk is a beverage with multiple benefits, thus making it suitable for one and all.
- It is a good source of calcium, B1 and B12 and has been naturally fortified to give the daily needs to vitamins and minerals.
- Almond milk with its mild nutty taste provides Calcium and Vitamin D that supports good healthy bones and teeth.
- Almond milk helps in reducing and maintaining blood pressure.
- It has inherent benefits of Almonds like and is good for skin and hair.
- Being plant-based, Almond milk is naturally Cholesterol Free, low in Sodium and preservative free.
- Almond milk can also be the next best friend of your breakfast cereals as it is lower in calories than both regular dairy milk and slim dairy milk.
- It is lactose-free, adding further appeal to vegan and lactose-intolerant consumers.
As young and old India alike wakes up to a more healthy existence, moving towards increasingly positive and conscious lifestyle choices, Life Health Foods (India) Pvt. Ltd., a pioneer in the health beverage segment, presents plant milk extracted from almonds for the first time in India under the brand name ‘Almond Fresh’. A rich source of Calcium and Vitamin D, Almond Fresh is made from the highest quality Californian Almonds. It is available in Natural, Chocolate and Vanilla flavors in 200 ml and 1l formats.
What all can be made using almond milk?
Almond milk can replace any milk in any cuisine – Indian or continental. For example kheer, then smoothies, shakes and much more. A lot of high end hotels have started using soya milk and almond milk as beverages and also as an ingredient in their dishes which is quite exciting. Though with Soya Milk you can make Tofu but with Almond Milk you can’t.
Harmful effects of almond milk:
Almond milk has no harmful effects, but those who are allergenic of nuts should avoid having tree nut milk.
Brett Lee, leading Australian fast bowler & cricket personality, is the Brand Ambassador for Almond Fresh. Throwing his support behind this new product, Lee enthusiastically says:
“I am passionate about healthy products that taste great and it’s exciting to see almond milk now available in India. I encourage people young and old to try this great new health drink which is a good source of calcium and vitamin D with lower calories than dairy milk.”
While almond milk is becoming more and more popular, it’s important to note that it doesn’t provide as much protein or calcium to be a complete substitute, so make sure you receive adequate amounts from other sources. One cup only has one gram of protein versus 8 grams in cow’s milk, and 2 milligrams of calcium versus 300 milligrams in cow’s milk.