This dish will remind you of your grandmother’s cooking. Light on palate, this chicken curry will make your day.
“The gravy is simply made up of onion and tomato with hint of ground spices that adds the kick to the dish. Try it out with hot parathas or steamed rice,” says Chef Jaheer Khan.
- 1 kg Chicken leg cut into 2 pieces on the bone
- 100 gm Chicken mince (keema)
- ½ cup Sunflower cooking oil
- Whole garam masala
- 3 medium Onions chopped
- 2 ½ tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 ½ tbsp. Ginger paste
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 cup Fresh tomato puree 1 cup
- 4 Green chillies
- 3 tbsp Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Rub the Chicken legs with 1tsp chilli powder, 1 tbsp ginger paste, 1 ½ tbsp garlic paste and keep it aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker, toss whole garam masala and onions. Sauté till onions are golden brown.
- Add the remaining ginger garlic paste and stir well.
- Next add the chicken legs stir vigorously and add the chopped green chillies, turmeric , chilli and coriander powder and the chicken mince and cook for a few minutes before adding the tomato puree.
- Finally add 2 cups of chicken stock or water and cover the cooker with the lid and whistle.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 mintues or 3 whistles. Garnish with fresh coriander and dish in a deep serving bowl.